He might simply like his Amiga and want more software for it. Some people prefer them to PCs.
In fact, this was originally an Amiga-only project, as I was trying to learn about the AmigaOS API and I had the RPG concept ready to try and make something based on. It was only later as I moved to cross-compiling on my PC that I decided to add the SDL/OGL side. So far maintaining two different targets has been a fun challenge, though if anything serious comes of this then I might drop the Amiga support.
Here's a quite old combined screenshot of both the SDL and Amiga targets (a fair bit has advanced since then, but not as much as I would have hoped):
(Since that screenshot was taken the pain (basically going to be like FF7's limit break) and time bars have been added, and there's a message bar at the bottom, the beginnings of a turn system (was originally going to be ATB-esque, hence the time bar, but is now going to be more of a modified turn-based system), and the SDL font is actually the correct size).
For the most part, the only thing that is different between the two at the moment is the low-level sound and graphics code. Most of the battle system, for example, is implemented with the same code file on both for the time being, though there will likely be deviations later due to the PC version likely having resources to burn.
However, right now, all that's implemented in the project is that battle system GUI, some of the character structures whose variables are displayed on it, and the very beginnings of the turn-based system.
(Will get a newer screenshot soon)