I'm producing an independent game project and we are now at the state where adding programmers to our team would be beneficial. Before I go any further, I would like to say:
1. This is not a MMORPG project
2. This is a royalty-based position, as are all others on our game's team including management.
We already have a team of writers and artists, now looking to beef up the technical side. Myself I am a computer science graduate but don't have as much experience in 3D programming. However, once the game is more underway I will be able to help, and I will also be working on things like AI programming and so on. We also have one other programmer who is a Master's student in CS at UCLA but as you might imagine he is fairly busy, so won't be able to contribute as much to the project as he would like.
Our team is all adults, most of us have experience in the game industry with one or more shipped titles, degrees in our fields, and so on.
Here's what I am looking for:
Both positions can be located anywhere and require no travel or relocation. The applicant must be able to write & read fluently and technically in English. All pay will be in USD.
* Technical Director (1 position)
- Should possess Bachelors or Masters degree in relevant field (Computer Science or similar), or equivalent experience
- 6+ years development experience with C & C++
- Should have 3-4 years of experience in game 3D API programming with one or more shipped titles
- Strong 2D & 3D math skills
- Should be able to commit 10-15 hours/week to the project with more at crunch time/deadlines
- Some management/supervisory experience, preferably in a technical/programming environment
- Experience with programming sound & networking
- Experience integrating and customizing physics libraries
- Experience functioning as a technical director on a shipped game project
* Programmer (3 positions)
- 3+ years of development experience with C & C++
- Past experience in computer game development as a developer
- Strong 2D & 3D math skills
- Should be able to commit 5-10 hours/week to the project, with more at crunch time/deadlines
- Some specialty in the area of game programming, including but not limited to: 3D graphics, 2D UI programming, networking/multiplayer, sound, physics, AI, etc.
- Possess Bachelors degree or higher in relevant field (Computer Science, or similar), or equivalent experience
This may seem very detailed and demanding, but it is my hope that by listing these requirements so specifically, I have communicated to you that we are not just a bunch of teenagers making a game that won't get anywhere. Our team is experienced and committed and this project should be very succesful.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
or ICQ at 28990313, if you are interested in receiving more information. Include a brief summary of yourself and your experience. I'll be happy to send our game's design document once you're under NDA.