Hey people, long time!
I have some troubles lately(probably forever but didnt notice earlier) on my main machine with opengl applications (this is not bound to my own code but to every application i tried so far).
nvidia gforce 7900gs
So what happens is, opengl has periodical hickups, around every second.
Some googling proposed a lot of different solutions but neither did work for me.
The ones i tried include:
Update to latest nvidia driver
Downgrade to version 186
Install Omega drivers for nvidia
Disable threaded optimization in the driver settings
Use rivatuner to set backbuffer flipping mode to blocktransfer (whatever that does, but sure doesnt fix it
For someone on linux, it helped to kill conky
, but since im not on linux, i can't try that.
I'm pretty much clueless, tho i would assume its some driver/opengl setting. A friend suffers the same problem, and he is using an nvidia graphics card aswell.
sdw suggested running a profiler to look for bottle necks, i will try that next.
On a side note: the stuttering applications work flawless on my notebook, which is considerably less able in terms of processing:
intel gsm 945 mobile - BUT a driver that supports opengl, it was a hell of a ride to find one, especially with auto driver updates enabled......
Also: Frames per second are well in the 60's, and it processes a whooping several thousand Updates per second, so performance shouldnt be a problem (i am using a quite simple scene to test).
Thanks for your support