Chunky by FelipeFS
Chunky by FelipeFS
GPWiki.org
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:53 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:20 am 
Novice

hello ,, i really came here to find a solution to my problem ,, i hope i find it here !!

i decided to create an online server for pes6 ,, i have little informations about the procces ! please help me and tell me the steps excatly and i will follow it

thank you all

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:58 am 
Bibliotherapist

That's a pretty tall order. Can I ask why you want to do this? Are the official PES6 servers being turned off?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:25 pm 
Novice

Sure no ,, it is working and it is very good !!

but let me tell you that we have great ideas just we want to apply it ,, i don't think we can apply it in the sites which support pes6 online !!

so ,, look i am very pleased really to know the way to create a server for pes6 ,, i am really tired for searching about this topic

i hope you can help me please

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:29 pm 
Grand Optimizer

Euhm, I am confused now.
You aim to make changes to the server to implement your great ideas, but you don't know how to create a server??
Doesn't the former imply that you know the latter?

In other words, how can you implement changes to a setup you don't understand?????
/me very confused.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:21 pm 
BANNED

lock it up ,, the topic ..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:35 pm 
Grand Optimizer

I'm not quite sure if you're asking how to launch your own dedicated server for the game, or if you're asking how to actually write your own from scratch... the former shouldn't be too much trouble, I'd imagine theres enough info out there.. look harder! The latter on the other hand... unless it's open source, good luck..

Your server would have to be able to decipher every single packet from the clients as well as redistribute packets to the clients using the exact same protocol. You'd have better odds guessing the winning lottery numbers ;)

http://tankzgame.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:52 am 
Novice

Alberth wrote:
Euhm, I am confused now.
You aim to make changes to the server to implement your great ideas, but you don't know how to create a server??
Doesn't the former imply that you know the latter?

In other words, how can you implement changes to a setup you don't understand?????
/me very confused.

Dear friend ,, i hope you understand me !!

i am not good in game programing ,, i am just dreaming to create the server i swear to you it will gonna be very usfel !! the ideas i have talked about don't aim to change the server system ,, i think it will be the same ,, but it aims to another things like making a new patch contain more teams from all over the world which will make the members happy and feels better ,, also trying to decrease the rate of cheating and change the mind of adminstration !!

we are all here to help each other and i am really need the help ,, just to know how to create the server for the game :)

thank you my friend :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:59 am 
Novice

Meneliki wrote:
I'm not quite sure if you're asking how to launch your own dedicated server for the game, or if you're asking how to actually write your own from scratch... the former shouldn't be too much trouble, I'd imagine theres enough info out there.. look harder! The latter on the other hand... unless it's open source, good luck..

Your server would have to be able to decipher every single packet from the clients as well as redistribute packets to the clients using the exact same protocol. You'd have better odds guessing the winning lottery numbers ;)

thank you so much for your replay :)

look i will explain to you !! i really haven't alot of informations about the creating of the server !!

i want to buy the dedicated server but i don't want to waste my money ,, because i don't know the way to create it !! if i know it i will go ahead within seconds and create it !!

so .. just all what i need now to know how can i create an online server for pes6 !!

thank you so much again and i hope if you have any informatios just tell me please :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:16 am 
Grand Optimizer

Mido9 wrote:
Dear friend ,, i hope you understand me !!

i am not good in game programing ,, i am just dreaming to create the server i swear to you it will gonna be very usfel !! the ideas i have talked about don't aim to change the server system ,, i think it will be the same ,, but it aims to another things like making a new patch contain more teams from all over the world which will make the members happy and feels better ,, also trying to decrease the rate of cheating and change the mind of adminstration !!
Oh I do understand you, I am dreaming of an open source RCT game. Yesterday I looked at Sid Meiers RailRoads game, and some realistic Train simulator, and oh my god, such good graphics and animations, and nice mouse/visual interactions!!!!
I really wish I had those in my game!!

Mido9 wrote:
we are all here to help each other and i am really need the help ,, just to know how to create the server for the game :)
Dreaming is very good, as it gives you the drive to start realizing those dreams.

I think however you are starting at the wrong end here.

You seem completely focussed on the idea of getting a server. Given that pes6 is a commercial game, I assume that there are no open source variants nor is there any open information on how they actually work. So yeah, no doubt it is somewhere between extremely difficult and impossible to realize it.

To explain why I think you start at the wrong end, suppose for a moment, that someone gives you a server with everything on it. Then what?

You say yourself you're not good at game programming, so how are you going to make "a new patch contain more teams" or "reduce the amount of cheating" ?
The company that is running them now is already doing their best here. (Put yourself in their place, if there was an easy way to do either of what you suggest, wouldn't you do it? I would.)
In other words, under the fair assumption that the current servers are already setup as good as possible, what you want will be very hard. In my judgement, it's going to be so much harder that getting the server up would look trivial afterwards.

In my view, what you dream about is not possible to do for you, yet. Just like I cannot have awesome 3D graphics and animations today, and I am stuck with 2.5D fixed view-point graphics from the 90s. Your (and my) plan A failed.

However bad it may look to you, this is normal. The first idea that you have is usually wrong. Such projects are so complicated that invariably you forget some crucial step in the process, stopping you dead in your tracks.
The trick is not to get obsessed with trying to do the impossible. Instead, learn what exactly broke your plan A. Then make a plan B that avoids the pitfalls you found while trying to do plan A. Look for other ways, find alternatives.Try to achieve it. If it fails, learn from it, and start plan C. Repeat until you achieved your goal.

So far the theory, the practice is a bit more difficult :)
Unless I am very mistaken, I believe that your plan to setup a pes6 server is not going to fly. Not only are you having difficulties in how to do it, it also seems to me that your goal of improving it, is currently beyond your capabilities.
Last but not least is the question whether running a server is legally allowed. Given that football and football games are very commercial, you can safely assume that someone is going to be very upset of you taking away market share and/or of publishing team setups which they have under an exclusive contract, and they will take legal action against you if that's possible.

Some alternatives for you are to become an active member of the fan-base that makes mods for this game (no idea whether they exist, but it is likely they do).

You can also start working on your game programming skills, either by yourself, or as part of an open source project. I would expect there are a zillion football oriented games in the open source world. It won't be as flashy as a commercial game, but it has a much better chance of getting it organized in the way you see as ideal.

Mido9 wrote:
thank you my friend :)
Sorry for shattering your plan A, but don't give up.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:47 am 
Novice

thank you for your great replay !! i have nothing now to do just to not give up ,, i will continue and i hope one day i can success and create the server

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:00 am 
Novice

am waiting for any help :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:44 pm 
Harmlessness does no harm

Best advice I can give you, is to redirect your efforts on something smaller. You can worry about running and maintaining commercial game servers at some point, but until you have experience with programming, server administration, project management, and so forth -- then it's akin to gathering up steel beams and rivets and proclaiming that you are going to build an expansion wing onto the Eiffel Tower.

If you want to learn programming better, the only real way to do that is to keep programming and learn what works, and what doesn't. Be sure and read about good form and coding styles, as well as the ins and outs of the particular language you choose. If you still decide that programming isn't for you, then try focusing more on the administrative side of things, or maybe even content.

You can do pretty much anything you are determined and willing to do, but as they say, it won't happen until you've paid your dues. :)