Chunky by FelipeFS
Chunky by FelipeFS
GPWiki.org
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:53 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:44 am 
Digerati

Everquest Next was announced some time around last week, and it seems it will be a great step forwards in terms of social/mmo games.
If you haven't heard about it, here's the keynote:
http://www.twitch.tv/soe/c/2680835

They seem to have understood the shortcomings of current MMO games and also seem to value user contributions. In my opinion they take all the right steps, starting with their 4 grails, and also with Everquest Landmark, which will launch sometime soon apparently.

I'm terribly hyped about this game for several reasons:
1. it uses the VoxelFarm engine http://procworld.blogspot.com/ which is very awesome in itself
2. it implements ideas i was playing around with before, so i'm curious how they turn out (damn if i'd just had a multimillion dollar budget and a wicked team :P)
3. HOLY COW this is just sick, i can't wait :D

wzl's burrow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:21 pm 
BANNED

Sounds very cool! I was never an Everquest player but I had a few friends who liked it. btw Nice video stream! I like the art direction a lot. I like.. everything. It looks like the first great game to be announced in many years. Pffft, most games these days suck banana. There's a reason I've only bought like.. 3 games, since around 2008. I'm the kind of person who either gets everything free (i.e. freeware / open source hobbiest games; never pirate of course) or only pays money for things I know I'd have quite an adventure myself if I constituted their development team.

The 3 games since 2008 is probably an exaggeration of how many I've bought. I don't even know. I've only bought like ~8 games in my entire life. It's likely I'll be handing over money to these developers.