Chunky by FelipeFS
Chunky by FelipeFS
GPWiki.org
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:13 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:51 pm 
Digerati

Peter Molyneux just launched his campaign for Godus, a multiplayer god game.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/22c ... ject-godus

Sadly, thats pretty much all the info you get about it. I don't understand how developers try to kickstart a game and share next to nothing about the game and concept. Honestly, i expected more from him.

wzl's burrow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:41 pm 
Bibliotherapist

I'm out. :\

Molyneux is a great salesman and generates a lot of interest in his titles. However, IMO, they increasingly fail to deliver.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:37 am 
BANNED

I hate kickstarter people. Stop talking about the damn thing. Stop it. Please just stop it. I don't want to hear yet another announcement just to notify me that a new kickstarter project has been launched. It's stupid. How about I make a post on gamedev.net to inform them everytime a new article is added here? No. Shut up about it. Yes I realize I just broke the rules, but... I have an excuse. :rock

Now please shut up about new kickstarter projects. It's probably the most annoying thing I've come across in my life since Lady gaga music.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:31 am 
Digerati

It's not hard to ignore it dude, no need to flip.

Kickstarter is playing a pretty important role in game development right now, and sharing news about it helps figuring out where the line can be drawn.
There are actually quite a bunch of really awesome games on there, but they dont get as much press as some celebrity game dev figure, which saddens me a bit. Still it is a valid and very reasonable platform that can help developers get the funding they desire.

Maybe i'd understand your anger a bit if you'd be reasoning, but "It's stupid" is hardly an argument.

wzl's burrow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:57 pm 
BANNED

It's not an argument. I'm being blatant! >:(

Here's more of an *argument*: It occurs so frequently. Why can't we just have a URL to Kickstarter's homepage in a single announcement and just say "Hey everyone, this is kickstarter. I think that it 'is playing a pretty important role in game development right now.' New projects are added here all the time. What do you think about what you find?" In other words: You need a dedicated kickstarter discussion topic, where anyone can add a harmless, single reply whenever they want to discuss a specific project that has been launched on it. That's only sensible. Thats how discussion boards are done right. :doh

So go powerangers, go! Start "the Official Kickstarter projects' discussion topic" before Godzilla takes an arrow to the knee and lands on your building!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:22 pm 
Dexterous Droid

The Kickstarter announcements have been a "greatest hits" so far, covering projects started by well-known figures. If you have an issue with there being a new topic for each campaign, rather raise it in a civil manner in the Content Issues section. This thread is aimed at the discussion of the KS campaign itself.

I actually find it hard to believe that people have pledged money towards something Molyneux is doing. Haven't they seen his recent track record? :confused

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:46 pm 
Grand Optimizer

/me is having deja-vu feelings with those questions