Chunky by FelipeFS
Chunky by FelipeFS
GPWiki.org
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:55 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:12 pm 
BANNED

Hi, I'll be sharing some free art that I've made here. I won't release everything in one post, so this asset-base will grow over time. Feel free to make comments. :D

1 - Media Icons
To start, here are some media icons (like Twitter, Facebook, E-mail etc.):
http://www.upurload.com/file.php?name=a ... 723cb5.zip

Here's an example (from my friend, Ryan Spice) of what they might look like when put to use. Look near the bottom of the picture.

Image Credit: This is showcased @ https://gameon.mozilla.org/en-US/entries/ryanspicecom/

2 - a single Futuristic Texture
Here's a nice texture I made. It can be tiled horizontally, but it's meant to be used for decorating and blending into other textures. I don't think it will look good if applied to any large surfaces because of the way the light effects are "baked" in, but yeah... you can have it for wherever it works in your design. If used to texture game-level geometry, I think it will probably look good applied to trimming on the inner-surface of futuristic door frames, beveled-in trim lines that run along futuristic walls, or as the base texture of wall structures which have column-frame support or any other kind of intermediate surfaces. Here it is:

Last edited by Pieman on Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:27 pm 
Prolific Poster

I like your art.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:26 pm 
BANNED

Thanks. You too. Nice portfolio stuff, and thanks for letting me share it! :spin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:52 pm 
Dexterous Droid

Looks tasty, man!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:47 am 
BANNED

Thanks for the love! :O
I'll try to release more work soon. I know I haven't released much yet, but I plan on delivering breadth to this array of assets more comprehensively. Expect lots more! I want to start with an "essentials" texture pack and even start growing a collection of 3d models (probably in *.obj format, because it's so widely supported). :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:50 pm 
BANNED

Here's a hot grenade to keep the pie oven warm until I finish my large texture pack (only about 30% complete):

Though it is quite sloppy, it's meant to be downscaled anyway. Will work good for top down or side shooter combat games.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:56 pm 
Dexterous Droid

Looks like a green sac. Grenades need to look symmetric. What are you modelling with?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:18 pm 
BANNED

The grenade was painted with Gimp. I model with Blender. Here's a high quality preview of some of my best modelling work:

(actually I'm not bad, but you might even be impressed with my serious work)

Quote:
Grenades need to look symmetric.

No shiz, I have OCD. 'Depends on your aesthetical needs. I also said it's meant to be downscaled (like 24x24 px), for small 2-D games. It works perfectly for my grungy TDS game. I made it in a much higher resolution than it's meant to be viewed just because it's easy and fast to do, as well as being ideal for 2.5d effects e.g. the grenade getting larger when it's thrown into the air without losing quality. These aren't meant to be commercial quality assets. I have no problem with you being interested in a different sort of quality, but unfortunately I'm not concerned... these are freebies meant for those without any assets at all. My art released here can make good placeholders until you get exactly what you need for your particular project. :thumbs

Disclaimer: This is all programmer art. It's also rather lazily done. Programmer art isn't necessarily bad, but sometimes I just don't make art so passionately. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:56 pm 
BANNED

I haven't yet finished my texture pack. I'm about to run outside with my camera to make more stock for the textures, but here's some gelatine to fill the time:

Complete Snowboarding Game Art Package
(enough to make a complete game)

Gameplay Assets Preview:

Snowboard Skins Preview:

Your rights: Use it! Share it! Change it! Whatever, I don't care. :)

Download zip:

Also, a tileable semi-cartoony sky (looks like wallpaper...):

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:53 pm 
BANNED

Update:

Sorry. All links are dead and will remain dead.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]