Below are the forum rules and posting guidelines that you must follow if you wish to participate on the Game Programming Wiki's forums. The Game Programming Wiki is provided to you free of charge; Being a user of the Game Programming Wiki's forums is a privilege, not a right. If you are not willing to adhere to these rules and guidelines, please refrain from posting!Inappropriate Posts
This is the list of inappropriate content:
* Personal insults
* Sexual content
* Racist content
* Violent content
* Illegal content (including discussion of software piracy)
* Swear words/curse words (anything more vulgar than "damn" or "hell" or other similarly "weak" swears will be removed)
* Spam and commercial links outside the scope of game development.
All inappropriate content will be removed and privately logged. Repeated posting of inappropriate content will result in a user ban.Friendliness
All posts must be friendly in tone. We want everyone to feel welcome at Game Programming Wiki, and a friendly tone will certainly help make that goal a reality. Please try to ensure that your posts appear friendly; it's easy to misinterpret tone on the internet, so err on the side of over-friendliness!Signatures
* User signatures can not contain images.
* Signatures can be a maximum of 6 lines in length.
* Signatures are subject to the "inappropriate content" rules outlined above.
Failure to adhere to these signature rules will result in the removal of your signature and a warning. Repeated occurrences will result in a user ban.Avatars
* Avatars can not be excessively wide or tall. If an avatar image "stretches" the left-hand column of the thread, it is too wide/tall and must be resized.
* Avatars can not be more than 20kb in size.
* Avatars can not be heavily animated, or overly eye-catching. The definition of "heavily animated" is at the sole discretion of Codehead.
* Avatars are subject to the "inappropriate content" rules outlined above.
Failure to adhere to these avatar rules will result in the removal of your avatar and a warning. Repeated occurrences will result in a user ban.Arguments and Flame Wars
Any threads that become overly heated and/or emotional will be locked. Please refrain from starting threads that may devolve into such arguments.Debates
Debates will be moved to the Debate Forum. See the first post in the Debate Forum for the specific debating rules.Moderators/admins
If you see any spam on the forum, do not hesitate to Private message (or e-mail) any of the moderators. This is a list of the active moderators: Andy Brykovian Codehead Machaira rotInMilc