Chunky by FelipeFS
Chunky by FelipeFS
GPWiki.org
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:42 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:30 pm 
Rookie

It has something to do with turning a death match map into a 3D chat room.

Normally the death match part you would normally have a limited number of characters to choose from, and weapons just like any other game would have which is inspired by the Unreal Tournament/Quake arena series. It could also be a team-based game mode map(capture the flag, etc) as well.

Now the 3D chat room part, highly customizable bipedal human-sized avatars(mostly low poly) with your imagination as a limitation where you just do typical socializing things that any other chat would do. Where rooms normally have a strict rule against adult-explicit related activities because this idea imagines you being out in the public with other people.

I highly doubt that this would happen, but it's just an idea I wanted to share, even if anyone is serious about doing this experiment in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:31 am 
Level 1 Cleric

A bit like Second Life, but with less features? 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:51 am 
BANNED

Question about your idea:

Butts?

Quote:
highly customizable bipedal human-sized avatars(mostly low poly) with your imagination as a limitation where you just do typical socializing things that any other chat would do

How customizable will their bone cushions be?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:24 am 
Source Code Swashbuckler

I just wander, why do you suggest Low-poly? Judging from your description you are probably not going to have a rich and detailed graphical sandboxy world like Second Life has. You are basically suggesting a chatroom with live avatars. Also the first thing that came to mind is the game Pangya, which is an anime like online golf game which also has chatrooms. You can buy new characters, buy clothes for them, even design your own shirts and pants (was added in season 4 i think) and then you can join a chatroom with lot of different people (or private) and just run around, some animations are present as well, and you can sell items there too.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:59 pm 
Fish Doggy

Thats how imvu started out

wzl's burrow